- Hrithik Roshan, Abhishek Bachchan, and Akshaye Khanna were supposed to form the original gang.
- Farhan Akhtar first met Preity Zinta on the screen test of Kya Kehna and told her that he wanted her to be the heroine whenever he makes a movie.
- Farhan Akhtar waited for almost 10 months to get an appointment to discuss the film with Aamir Khan after Hrithik and Abhishek walked out of the project.
- Farhan thought the phrase “Pyaar Ke Ghaat” from “Jaane Kyun” sounded really funny, but his dad Javed Akhtar told him to trust him on this.
- Karan Johar thought the movie would be a flop and that Aamir Khan had “lost the plot” by choosing to act in it.
- That screen test of Preity Zinta was with Akshaye Khanna.
- The words “Chamkeele Din” almost didn’t make it into the song because Farhan Akhtar thought it sounded like detergent.
- On their day off, Farah Khan set off the fire alarm in the hotel that the cast and crew were staying in because she was cooking biryani in her room.
- Akshaye Khanna was originally supposed to play Akash. But when Aamir Khan was brought on, they swapped roles.
- Saif Ali Khan was almost not going to do the movie because it was made with sync sound, instead of getting actors to dub their lines.
- Preity Zinta loved “Koi Kahe Kehta Rahe” so much that she insisted on being a part of it, even though her character hadn’t gone to the same college as the guys.
- When she first heard the script, Preity Zinta joked with Farhan Akhtar that he was making a chauvinistic all-boys’ film.
- The first scene shot for the movie was the one where Sameer tells Akash and Sid about falling in love with Pooja.
- Sid’s long speech to Deepa about “letting go” of Akash was a nod to Edgar Allan Poe’s poem “A Dream Within a Dream”.
- The story was initially inspired by his diary entries from his trip to Vegas and a storyline that his friend had handed to him.
- While shooting the scene where Saif came back from Goa, Saif Ali Khan was in splits because the assistant director would say “Clop” instead of “Clap” when starting the take.
- The script and dialogues were first written entirely in English.
- Shalini and Akash were initially supposed to fall in love in New York. But because it would have been winter, they decided to shoot in Australia.
- Asad Dadarkar, who played Subodh (Pooja’s boyfriend a.k.a. Time Table) was actually Farhan Akhtar’s friend and a major influence for Akash’s character.
More in Entertainment
Self Confessed Weirdest Habits of Bollywood Actresses
The confessions of these ladies are far from the truth if you thought Deepika Padukone was too poised to be real...August 21, 2017
Must read books by a self confessed bookworm, Twinkle Khanna!
Here are some top picks from the self confessed bookworm, Twinkle Khanna. She devours novels like they are tic-tacs. We might...August 21, 2017
Exotic Holiday Homes of B-town Celebs
Check out these exotic holiday homes which Bollywood celebrities own and visit frequently. Saif Ali and Kareena Kapoor Khan Gstaad, an...August 21, 2017
Want to know What Kylie Jenner carries in her Bag?
The so young yet so famous celebrity Kylie Jenner may be a multi-millionaire at just so young age as she just...August 20, 2017
TOP 10 :: Most Popular Celebrity profiles on Instagram – Urban Mira
Instagram has turned into one of the most popular Social Media Platform used by celebrities nowadays to be in touch with...August 20, 2017
Is Justin Bieber’s New Single ‘Friends’ about Selena Gomez???
This week, Justin Bieber released his new single ‘Friends’ and it is all about trying to be friend with your ex-girlfriend....August 19, 2017
Celebrity Kylie Jenner Buys Herself Third Home
When most 20-year-old’s are either living in less than glamorous college dorms or still stuck in their parents’ houses until they...August 19, 2017
Will Deepika Sign Shoojit Sircar upcoming movie opposite Varun Dhawan?
Deepika Padukone and Varun Dhawan are, reportedly, unlikely to team up for Shoojit Sircar’s upcoming film October. Reports of the two...August 18, 2017