CHANGES IN BODY DURING PUBERTY
For some, it comes early and for some a little late. To some girls, puberty hits at the age of 7, and they start wondering why there are so many changes taking place in their body. These changes take place due to the changes in our hormones. Hormones are the chemicals in our body which cause sexual development, emotional changes and physical transformations
There are many changes which take place slowly:
- Body starts developing curves.
- Breast starts developing fuller.
- Hair starts to grow at unusual places like between the legs and underarms.
- Sweating increase in body.
- Skin becomes oilier which leads to pimples and blackheads.
- A lot of mood swings happen, your mood frequently change.
- Hair starts becoming oilier/ greasier.
- Menstruation starts!
CHANGES IN EMOTIONS DURING PUBERTY
Emotions also change with the physical changes. We start feeling different ways and develop different emotions. One might:
- Find you in high spirit, happy in one minute then break down into tears the next second.
- Family comments affect you a little too much. You get hurt on little things.
- Become more self-conscious about looks and appearance in front of others.
- More concern about the behavior in front of others.
- Developing feelings for opposite sex.
- A lot of arguments with parents.
Boys also go the similar changes, they start developing a more muscular physique, chest hair, mustache, beard. Noticeable changes in voice take place which becomes quite embarrassing as going from such low pitch to high!