Many of us would have friends who are into a terrible relationship and after hearing all that and observing things from a long time you must want to say BREAKKKK UPPP! But what do we do? We don’t speak out so easily. Because result may not come out how we expect it to come. For once I was on the opposite side of it when my friend honestly told me to break up with my boyfriend as the relationship is going nowhere. The discussion usually doesn’t result to ‘ok I will breakup’ but we had a productive conversation.
The reason why me and my friend had a meaningful conversation:
• She is not who is new to me or my man. She has been my friend from a long time. We have had conversations about everything. She cares about me and I know it. She is a trustworthy friend and we mutually share about relationship problems and experiences.
• We have prayed together so many times for our exams, relationships, future husbands and life. She has always been honest and I can’t even imagine how much time she has invested thinking about this before talking to me. When she finally chose to talk to me about my relationship, for me it was not a shock, it was a confirmation. If you want to speak to your friend regarding her personal life, speak to God first. Everything will happen fine.
• She always showed me the positive sides instead of telling me the negative truth. She showed me the hope and where the God is foremost me. She pointed some major issues which I was constantly ignoring. She sounded mature and she made me realize that how singleness can be such a freedom. She inspired me all the way.
• I remember I was trying to be defensive as I have been giving so much in my relationship. My friend was quite aware that how personal this is for me. She doesn’t want to insult my pride. When I gave her the defensive response she didn’t argue with me. She questioned me about how I felt when he hurt me. She stayed humble and talks to me till the end and keeps repeating things until I understood what she’s trying to say. She made me understand what I was going through.
• After the conversation it took me nearly 2-3 months to end my relationship and I am so thankful to her that she made all the efforts to get me through. She gave me enough of time to be sure and didn’t pushed me in anything. She made me take the relationship myself and gave me all the freedom.
• I felt terrible after the breakup. Even though I was aware that whatever happened, happened for good. I was very low but I always had her with me. She made me believe in God and made me live life a better way. I got over my past in a short time as she constantly helped me every day.
She has always been with me in my thick and thins.