Being well rested or not getting enough of sleep is modern life’s major problems. We plan the exact time to go to sleep so that we complete our 8 hrs of sleep and stay fresh the other day, yet we find different ways to stay up late Netflix, Facebook, Instagram, Chatting, tea, coffee etc. This result in skipping workouts, breakfasts, oversleeping, and reaching office dead and cranky.
If this happens to you, we have a list below to make you close your eyes and wake up fresh for work the other day:
- Keep excess of weekend plans away from you, control is what you have to do, drinking too much of alcohol on weekend and sleeping very late upsets the cycle of the week. Keep it happening and crazy so that you sleep much early on weekends.
- Exercise well as it is the best thing for sleep, Breathe fresh air and do physical activities, this will make your hormones work better. Don’t try to work out for very long as it will disrupt your rest.
- Quick naps disturb the sleep cycle. No matter how enticing it seems, it can cause sleeplessness to you at night. Take 25-30 minutes of power nap as it can do magic to you.
- Plan and list the next day to-do list before lying down in bed as most of the time we lay awake worry about a number of things we have to do in the morning. We become sleepless with worry, so if you plan it prior, you can sleep without stress.
- The blue light of your laptop, T.V., I-pads makes it harder for your brain to sleep if you are in bed. That’s why it is recommended not to watch television before sleeping.
- Keep your phone aside. Reading articles, watching videos, surfing social media do the same effects as blue light of your television. You can read a book to give peace to your mind.
- Feel positive and relax. Rest your body and sleep. Don’t worry that there is such a short time for you to sleep and you will not feel fresh the next morning. Think that you will feel great the next morning when you will wake up.
- Listen to any classical music to help your mind feel calm and relaxed.